Wealth Consulting & Trust Services
Metropolitan Capital helps clients preserve, manage and grow assets. Working alongside our clients, we develop financial plans and strategies to meet liquidity needs, plan for taxes and estates, implement legacy and philanthropic initiatives, and considers broader life goals. As your financial quarterback, we provide clients with peace of mind, ensuring a comprehensive, coordinated approach to your overall financial needs. In addition, we provide a range of personalized Concierge Services. Click on the Case Studies below to learn more.
To get in touch with one of our team members, email email@example.com.
- Financial planning
- Investment advisory
- Tax planning
- Estate planning
- Philanthropy planning
- Insurance review and coverage
- Reporting and recordkeeping
- Manage and protect wealth
- Risk management
- Compliance and regulatory assistance
- Administrative services
- Credit/banking solutions
- Alternative investments
- Business and financial advisory
- Family meeting planning
- Training and education
- Health insurance administration
- Annual and monthly budgeting
- Bill pay/household bookkeeping
- Travel booking
- Private jet chartering and management
MetCap’s Appeal to Young Entrepreneurs Provides Framework for Long-Standing Universal Banking Relationship with Successful Lighting Company
A Chicago area firefighter normally in the business of putting fires out, decided to put the lights on and launched a commercial lighting business. MetCap’s draw to young entrepreneurs helped pave the way for an early stage line of credit that enabled the individual to make the necessary investments to grow his business. In just a few years, the company successfully expanded into new markets, brought on new hires and has enjoyed consistent profitability. The success of his business led our client to seek diversification of his wealth portfolio outside of his company. Leveraging MetCap’s knowledge and deep understanding of the asset management space, our wealth consulting advisory team identified the ideal asset manager to help our client achieve his investment goals.
More important than anything, MetCap developed a meaningful and trusted partnership that extends well beyond a traditional business loan relationship. As new opportunities and challenges arise for our client, MetCap has the client’s best interest in mind, and as a result, the client continues to turn to MetCap for solutions and advice every step of the way.
MetCap’s interest in partnering with promising early stage companies provided the framework for a capital solution for our client that helped expand the commercial lighting company
A complete understanding of the client’s modest portfolio, investment goals, and interests in sustainability and emerging market investing allowed MetCap to find the right financial advisor. Additionally, MetCap has provided assistance to the client in formulating 401k plans and employee benefit programs as the company continues to grow.
Digital Marketing CEO Capitalizes on Full Spectrum of Universal Banking Services to Diversify, Grow and Manage Net Worth
Our client, the CEO of a digital marketing firm, co-founded the company in his late 20s and successfully grew the business into a multimillion dollar enterprise. The success of the company has created a broad set of challenges and opportunities for the CEO.
In addition to investing in the growth of the company, the CEO used the income to build a portfolio of public equity investments. He also invested in real estate, startups, and other small private investments across the country that were brought to him by friends and family. Evaluating the financial merits of these individual private investments became increasingly challenging for the CEO, whose expertise focused on marketing and business strategy. In addition to assistance in analyzing new opportunities that were brought to him, the CEO wanted to diversify his holdings by getting access to professionally-sourced private equity and real estate investments.
The large number of different private investments held by the CEO meant that he didn’t have visibility into his total net worth and monthly cash flows. This lack of visibility made it difficult for the CEO to build a comprehensive wealth management plan and understand how the various elements of his portfolio could be working together to achieve his longer-term goals.
Utilizing a number of services and capabilities offered through the Universal Banking platform, Metropolitan Capital assisted the client in diversifying his equity holdings and generating a clear picture of his consolidated cash flows and net worth.
Metcap issued a $2 million line of credit for the CEO so that he could increase his investment size threshold and thereby generate greater returns as well as eliminate the need to liquidate his stock holdings to access funds.
The CEO has access to Metcap’s proprietary deal flow as well as the expertise to help analyze the financial merits of prospective investment opportunities as they arise.
Metropolitan Capital’s consultative approach to private wealth management has helped the CEO gain a clear picture of his comprehensive financial situation and evaluate new private investment opportunities. Acting as the client’s outsourced personal CFO, Metropolitan Capital helps the client analyze any new investments that he is presented with. Metropolitan Capital also has created consolidated financial statements and models that give the client visibility into how various decisions will affect his net worth and future cash flows.
Family Office Practice Delivers Comprehensive, Coordinated View of Client’s Personal Wealth and Family Business Income
Our client, a high net worth individual, was looking for peace of mind about her wealth and clarity about the strategies her advisors were implementing on her behalf. In addition to owning shares of a second-generation family business with her siblings, the client owned three residential real estate properties and held approximately $10 million in stocks and bonds.
To help her oversee these disparate assets and income sources, the client had seven different advisors focusing on various accounting, estate planning, legal, and financial planning aspects of her estate. Because these advisors worked independently of each other, the strategies they implemented often failed to account for the cumulative impact on the family business and her longterm financial goals. Further, due to the complexity of the client’s wealth portfolio, projecting monthly cash flows and consolidated financial statements proved to be a challenging task.
By overseeing and coordinating the client’s team of professional advisors, MetCap provided the client a comprehensive, coordinated view of her personal wealth and family business income.
- Ensured that each advisor developed strategies that aligned with the client’s financial goals
- Reviewed advisory fees for reasonableness
- Held quarterly meetings with the client to provide a global view of cash flows and financial performance as well as rationale behind newly implemented strategies
- Ensured client’s portfolio generated a stream of income that was sufficient to support the client’s lifestyle and spending needs
- Worked in concert with client’s attorneys and siblings to create estate planning strategies that would maximize wealth transfer to her children and would be agreeable to the owners of the family business
- Facilitated meetings with the client’s children to explain the estate plan and the mechanics of the family business
Universal Bank Offers Comprehensive Financial Solutions for Real Estate Investor’s Portfolio and Family Office
Our client, a successful Real Estate investor, was first introduced to MetCap by a long-term relationship of the firm. As the individual continued to expand his real estate portfolio, the bulk of his wealth was concentrated in non-liquid real estate assets. To fund additional investments, our client needed a banking partner that could provide the necessary capital without the traditional upfront liquidity commitments and constraints. Further, as the wealth profile and financial needs of the client expanded rapidly, MetCap integrated scalable and tailored financial services that best served the clients evolving needs.
Initially providing a non-traditional debt facility for the client, the relationship seamlessly expanded to include a multitude of services for the client under the Universal Banking platform.
MetCap arranged a non-traditional loan facility leveraging personal guarantees and the investor’s successful real estate investment track record that enabled the client to make additional real estate investment plays without prematurely selling or liquidating his existing portfolio.
Due to a recent sizable liquidity event, the Client asked MetCap to find the right investment advisory team for his family office. MetCap arranged the due diligence and hiring process and is still currently retained by the Client to ensure the advisory team is working in concert together and in the Client’s best interests. MetCap has also assisted with the client’s philanthropic activities, helping to formulate the mission and vision of the client’s charitable activities.
MetCap has completed several capital raise assignments for the client to date and provides on-going assistance and expertise in analyzing the financial merits of prospective private equity and venture capital investment opportunities as they arise.
Successful Entrepreneur Seeks Guidance on New Financial Chapter
Our client, a young entrepreneur, co-founded a marketing company in his early 20s and successfully grew the business across the country, making it a national brand. The client was fortunate to have the opportunity to sell his business, freeing up his time to pursue other entrepreneurial activities and investments. The client came to MetCap looking for guidance on how to best invest the proceeds from the sale of his company as well as tax and insurance help on forming a new entrepreneurial venture.
- MetCap worked with the client to formulate investment objectives, goals and interests, and paired the client with the right financial advisor. In addition, MetCap assisted the client in developing and implementing an estate plan to meet the needs of his growing family and wealth profile.
- The client was keenly focused on obtaining comprehensive insurance coverage for his new e-commerce business. MetCap partnered with insurance companies to offer the client adequate cybersecurity, business disruption and property and casualty insurance coverage.
- The client was also moving to another state and was seeking guidance on proper tax structures and implications with respect to a new tax nexus. MetCap facilitated an introduction to a tax specialist who assisted in the planning and structuring of the business entity.
Managing Director Receives Peace of Mind with Comprehensive Approach and Diversification
An existing loan client of the Bank was a successful managing director of an investment company. The time demands of his career prevented him from taking an active role in his personal financial management and planning. Knowing its importance, the client wanted a financial quarterback to provide peace of mind with a dedicated, comprehensive and coordinated approach to his wealth management. In addition, a significant portion of his net worth was concentrated in the holding company of his investment firm, inhibiting the diversification and growth of his investment portfolio.
- MetCap provided a clear and comprehensive financial picture for the client, which helped the client to create a monthly budget and cash flow projections. In addition, MetCap helped establish strategic goals, both short and long term, to achieve financial objectives.
- MetCap crafted a plan for the strategic diversification of the concentrated stock position and helped to negotiate more favorable terms and conditions for accounts managed by outside advisors.
- Working closely with the client and attorneys, MetCap helped develop and implement a cohesive and fluid estate plan to match the client's wealth profile.
The products offered are not a deposit, not insured by the FDIC, not insured by any Federal Government Agency, not guaranteed by the bank, and may go down in value.