The founders of a direct selling company, which they had sold previously to a PE firm, sought financing to repurchase the company from the bank who had taken possession of the company assets from the PE firm and were now selling them though an Article 9 foreclosure process.
The founders had strong balance sheets with numerous assets in various real estate holdings, but wanted additional liquidity to consummate the transaction. The bids were due within 30 days from the initial client meeting.
- Metropolitan Capital structured a successful bid within the very short timeframe required
- Converted its fee into an equity interest in the company to enable participation in the long term success of the enterprise
- Metropolitan Capital Bank & Trust funded a credit facility for the founders to purchase the company through a UCC sale
- Provided a line of credit to assist with working capital needs
- Assisted with treasury management services